Skip to main content

Something Exciting Is Coming

Today I pulled the switch and signed up for Groove.cm.  I was looking for an affordable funnel software but this thing has so much more.  Website, eStores, Funnels, Email - it's all in there.

I think I've hit the point where I'm a bit overloaded with what to do.  I've been working on my Free Guide to Christian Storytelling for several weeks now, and I feel like I have it in a format ready to release.  It's going to be a freebie, as are many other things at first.  It's strange in this world there are so many opinions and so much advice out there.

While I've been working on this free guide I got an email about a Challenge Masterclass.  It was free so I signed up.  It's had some really great content, put on by Russel Brunson at Clickfunnels, and the speaker is really passionate.  He also tells me that Challenges are the only funnel you need.  "Great," I thought, "Now what should I do with all this other stuff I've been working on.

The thing is they're not going to waste.  This blog, the social media work, the free guide, it's all going to come together.  But since the guide is ready to go I went over to Groove and started my account.  The trick here is to stay focussed, and promote one thing at a time.  At the very least, once I get the guide out there I can use it as a bonus for the eventual challenges.

But my creative mind is always going a mile a minute.  I started wondering about when I do end up back in a parish, how I can put these skills to work.  Challenges can work wonderfully in a parish - 24 Days of Luke in December for example.  Grove would be a one-stop shop for a Church's website, email, text, and even snail mail publications.  It could easily link to Tithe.ly or you can use its donation feature for online giving.  I'm imagining a QR code for people to sign up for the mailing list, and then getting an immediate thank you video from me.  Then the automated system sends them regular messages with information about the Church -- a little at a time so as not to overwhelm them.  I'm imagining email campaigns for Holy Week and why it's important.

This time of being unemployed and between calls is interesting.  I've been exploring these other options, and I fully intend to use them to make an impact on the Church.  Even if I'm not in a parish I do have something to contribute.  Tomorrow I'm back at it, but right now it's late and time for me to go.

Peace,

Conor+

P.S. - Keep an eye on my Facebook Page for when the free guide comes out.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A New Chapter: Putting Old Tools To New Use

 I've begun a new chapter in my life.  A few months ago my family moved to Cherry Hill, NJ after living in Norfolk, VA for over sixteen years.  My wife got a great call in Philadelphia, and I'm currently looking for my next call.  In the mean time I'm keeping busy. I decided to take my skills in Congregational Development and bring them to the online world.  I launched a Facebook page called Ministry Development , and I'm following Russell Brunson's model in Expert Secrets to reach as wide an audience as possible. My goal for this phase is to dedicate 2024 to learning, developing, and teaching the art of storytelling as a vehicle for sharing faith.  This is remarkably different from the idea that many people have in their heads.  In some quick Facebook polls, I found that many people fear sharing their faith for one of two reasons.  The first is that they have had bad experiences with evangelists in the past - the kind where someone would get in your face and tell y

My Journey: How I got here

In the summer of 2023 my wife received a phone call, offering her a job as rector of Christ Church Philadelphia.  I was excited as the prospect of moving closer to family, it was a great opportunity for her, so we made the decision to accept.  After the goodbye tears at our old congregations we watched all of our belongings being packed into a moving van and made the trek up to the Northeast.  When we arrived and settled in to our new home I began looking for a call myself so we both could exercise our priestly ministries.  Then the responses started coming in.  “No, no, no thank you, no, heck no, this isn’t a good fit, no, no, no, and no.”  In between fits of rage and general despair I started to pray, “Okay God, here I am.  I want to serve and add value.  What would you have me do?” As one does when pondering, I distracted myself with Facebook.   An ad came up offering a free masterclass on how to earn a living online as a musician.   It looked intriguing, and I love playing music so

Setbacks, Disappointments, and New Opportunities

Yesterday I received a phone call I had been waiting anxiously for. It was about a job I had put in for - and I didn’t get it. The person delivering the news was kind, and even encouraged me to apply for another position that, in her opinion, was a better fit for me. It is a different kind of job, would require a decent commute, and I’m not sure I have it in me to enter another process right now.  This morning I got myself showered and dressed and put on my clericals. Even though I was home all day I wanted to shoot a video and hence the outfit. Somehow just dressing up had me feeling less dejected - like I still could do something I was proud of. I remember years ago when my dad was looking for work. Each day he put on a shirt and tie before filling out job applications.  After the video I scheduled some more content, opened up my notebook, and started working on my plan. The ideas began to flow, time seemed to flow by, and before I knew it I had a pretty great outline for a half day