Job Description: St. Francis Parish Secretary
509 S Rosemont Rd
Virginia Beach, VA 23452
The Parish Secretary is a part-time, non-exempt, 12 month position
The Parish Secretary reports directly to the Pastor of the congregation
Note: This job requires the employee to be on-sight, but provides a private office. Physical contact with people is occasional, but rare.
Responsibilities: The Parish Secretary’s primary responsibility is the administration of the office during the hours of 9-1, Monday through Friday.
· Preparing and printing bulletins for Sunday Services using Microsoft Publisher
· Preparing and printing wedding and funeral bulletins as needed
· Preparing and printing the monthly newsletter: The Faithful Bell
· Answering the phone and taking messages during normal business hours
· Preparing and sending out mailings as needed
· Notifying the pastor immediately when any parish emergencies arise
· Assisting the Parish Treasurer as needed
· Generating Checks for reimbursements, bills, and payroll
· Entering Weekly Giving Information into Quickbooks Online and Tithe.ly
· Assisting the Pastor with various administrative tasks: typing, bulletin boards, preparing reports.
· Assisting other parish ministries with administrative tasks as needed
Job Specifications: The requirements for the Parish Secretary include:
· Minimum of Associate’s Degree and/or equivalent experience
· Working knowledge and/or experience as secretary and/or administrative assistant is preferred
· Basic knowledge and/or experience of Church traditions and liturgy is a plus
· Ability to think proactively and make suggestions for the continual improvement of Church activities within sphere of responsibility
· Satisfactory criminal background check
· Professional demeanor, appearance, and interaction with others.
· Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications is required.
· If successful candidate does not have a working knowledge of Microsoft Publisher, it must be learned on the job.
· Candidate must be able to work with Quickbooks Online.
· Excellent written and spoken communication skills.
Work Location. St. Francis Episcopal Church is located at 509 S Rosemont Rd, Virginia Beach, VA 23452
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $13.00 per hour
All employees are required to wear a mask when in each other's presence. A private office is provided. There is very limited contact with other persons.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to St. Francis Church - 509 S Rosemont Rd, Virginia Beach, VA 23452.